Sunday, November 13, 2016

Catching up with the celebrations

Suddenly its been over 15 days since I was here but I could not fathom how time flew by.Our Deepavali went euphoric as we celebrated every minute of the great weekend..

Wish I could describe each and every of those minutes of fun but it would not suffice a single post. So I will resort to sharing some pictures of the delicious snacks that is the main part of Deepavali celebrations.

We made two kinds of Murukku which  is the the signature dish of Deepavali, One using our traditional kongu region recipe and the other the trichy way,although I am very fond of only the former. I made laddoo for the first time in my life(with help from mom) and the outcome was flawless although I was very doubtful whether the shape will hold well but thankfully it did and tasted awesome.

Vadai is always my mom's signature Deepavali dish which she made on the D day morning. It takes a huge effort to make fresh vadai on that busy morning but my mom never fails to make sure it is made no matter how pressing the morning goes.Kudos to her!There were a few plateful of Somas involved too.. made with the entire ffamily's combined effort. Mixer,mysore pa,coconut delish,gulab jamoon,adhirasam were in the menu too..
There was a Bday celebration on the Deepavali Eve day.. I was very happy to join the Bday boy in his celebration.I agree I was eyeing for the rose left in the cake decoration :). 
And then what ....
the entire day was spent munching and lighting fires..we did have a photo session as usual we do on Deepavali but I could not share them here.. So let me end with showing the 'sangu chakram' we lighted..
I am amused how this turned out to be a foodie post ;o)..So I will leave the food aside and talk about birds in my next post..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson