Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Awesome Supermoon

I too had the luck to watch the recent supermoon,yes-the one that happened this month which is the closest supermoon in history since 1948.To say I was mesmerized at seeing the moon that big was an understatement.I was downright seduced by that orange disc that was sparkling in the sky, appearing bigger than any full moon sighting I could ever recall(scientifically right too :o).I longed to stay in the terrace watching it for hours but I blame only those damn bugging mosquitoes that chased me inside. So for the short hour I was on the terrace I was able to take a few clicks.

The sky was very cloudy until the afternoon and I had almost decided that my plan to see the supermoon was a goner but luckily it all cleared by evening and a clear sky emerged just for a few hours. After giving such a dazzling view,the moon soon disappeared into the smoky clouds.
The moon will not come this closest again until 2038, so I am pretty chuffed it all worked out fine for atleast a short while. Three cheers you, Supermoon!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks.. glad you were able to stop by.. did you see the supermoon?

      Delete
  3. Yes, Just a glimpse but was able to relate the size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson