Thursday, December 1, 2016

Santa is here

With the heavy rains pouring and the climate being doom and gloom, I and my niece decided to do a fun filled Christmas project to conjure Santa to cheer the mood up.We do not celebrate Christmas at our home but when there is a little tot at home and the TV commercials all start showing Christmas themed ads and shows,there is no escape but to answer the umpteen questions being asked about the upcoming holidays' season and about the thatha(grandpa) in the red suit.Santa is synonym to jolly and cheer and so when we set to make a fun project, Santa was the one who popped in our minds.


A quick google search led us to this website and since we had all the materials that is needed to make, we instantly set out to work and after just 20 minutes we had this beautiful Santa salt dough ornament in our hand. I would never have imagined to make a Santa face out of a handprint but there you go-he is the most handsome Santa I've ever seen.
I did not use warm water as given in the instructions.I forgot about warming the water and added just plain water and even the cup measurements were different but still Santa came out perfectly. I also altered the time I microwaved the dough.Ours was in the oven for 6 installments of 10 seconds totaling a minute in whole.I just cut a piece of wool from my crochet stash to make a small thread hanger and now the Santa is hanging in the TV showcase giving his big broad smile.

This project is so easy to make and such a good one and we really enjoyed making it.There are no bounds to my niece's joy in knowing that it is her handprint that is used in making the Santa face.She is proudly showing around the finished item to everyone and every time describes how the handprints came to be :o).This is the funnest artzooka we have ever attempted in the recent times. And yeah, Christmas has come to our home in a sort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson