Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A foggy morning

Finally our prayers answered and yesterday night it rained. A LOT .Thank God. Today I woke up to a pleasant morning, chilly and misty and breezy - a welcome change to the morning heat we were enduring these days past. 

Today's morning climate brought me the memories of a foggy morning we had in late February.The previous night was just as usual,nothing different but the next morning we woke up to this blanket of fog.
Everything completely covered in a thick layer of fog making it difficult to see past even a couple of meter's distance. Of course I loved it...which will come as no surprise for those who know me.
The coconut trees in the nearby fields
I had come across such a foggy morning only once before in my lifetime when I was in higher secondary. I had an important exam that day and I had to travel in a bus to my school (thats 10 km away) and that morning we had a heavy fog which became so intense as the morning hours unfolded.With all the traffic driving in dead slow speed keeping safety in mind,we had a tough time reaching school on time. We were almost two hours late to school and so did my teachers and finally the exam was cancelled. We were elated and euphoric in class loudly thanking the weather Gods for the exam postponement.I thanked a dose extra as that was one of my loveliest trip to school enjoying the fog all through the bus journey.

The spotted dove kept cooing - maybe she was shivering as well.
Today's morning brought me the memories of both those wonderful mornings from the past. The plants loved the downpour too and all looked afresh. If only the clouds could keep it up and bring us some more rain... Eternal wish.. eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson