Thursday, October 13, 2016

Books read in the recent months

I was not able to blog in late August and the whole of September which was mainly due to all the hungama over the introduction of a 4G network over here. What a mess for the existing customers!While asking everyone to Jio, they smothered the existing customers to double their investment by buying new dongles to continue service..Well,we said no thanks and decided to give the boot to Reliance altogether and put an end to the atrocities they do in the name of providing service. It took almost 3 weeks to make them even take a request to disconnect my connection.So blogging was left wayside and I wasn't inspired to blog again even with the new connection in place for over a month.

All the same,I had kept up with my resolution to read (atleast)one book every month.My August read was a very exciting Agatha Christie book 'The murder on the Orient Express' which I downloaded as an e-book from the internet.Well, right off the bat I will say what a fantastic mystery!

I got quickly engulfed by the plot of this novel and it kept me at the tip of the seat till the very last page.I think I can safely declare officially that this will be my favorite Agatha Christie work ever even though I have read only 4 of her books till now.The novel features our friendly Belgian Detective Poirot solving a murder that happens in a train in which he is also a passenger for that journey.The ending is something you could not have guessed and comes as a real surprise.

I was so inspired by this book that I knew right away that my mom would also like the story.So quickly off I went and ordered a tamil translation of this novel and sent her the book.My mom too liked it and with it being her first ever Agatha Christie read, she said she could never have guessed the ending by herself. Now the book has been passed on to my sister for her turn to be thrilled.Overall a real good choice of a book to keep.


I selected a PG Wodehouse novel 'Something new' for my September read but I will talk about that in the next post.. Off I have to go..Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson