Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Cutest Snowman

It all started when my niece recently showed us a snowman she made out of paper. It was tiny,only a centimeter high and painted black but cute all the way. Then she asked for play doh to do a real snowman. We did not have play doh and I offered to give her some rice flour. She was happy to have it.

I mixed in some water with the rice flour to make it look like a play doh. And this is how she made the snowman.Just two steps.

First she made the dough into an egg like shape by rolling the dough around in a wide bowl.

After a bit of drying, here is the snowman ready with a minute's work of decoration.
How clever of her to use dried chilli tops for hands and nose. I could not figure what she used for eyes but it is so apt.The small wooden bowl which the snowman is using as seat is actually the bottom part of a kunkuma chimil(kumkum holder).

I helped her dry it by covering the snowman with two bowls, creating a sorta oven set-up and placed it in the hot terrace surface for a whole day. I was thinking 'no way it would stay white and it might turn black and smelly the next day' due to our use of rice flour. But it has been a week since and the snowman is still white and hard and now decorating our TV showcase.It is her wish to showcase her snowman in the 'google' and I could not agree more(Yep that is how she refers to the internet..).

Bravo, my little niece, Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson