Saturday, October 15, 2016

Books read in the recent months..Contd

I had a lot of books to select from for my September read but I liked the title 'Something New' and I was not disappointed when I read it too. Well, till now PG Wodehouse has never disappointed me with his books.If ever you are looking for something to read,to lift your mood,your day---I would suggest to go right ahead and pick a PGW book.

'Something New' is again an e-book that I downloaded from the net for free.This book is the first installation of the happenings in Blandings Castle.Surprisingly the book turned out to be a quick read but as you go through each page, you are sure to be in stitches.

Ashe Marson is the hero here who writes the famous Gridly Quayle detective novels.Everybody loves his work except him.So in order to experience 'something new' in his life, he embarks on a dangerous journey of retrieving a 'stolen' scarab from the Blandings Castle. Unknown to him, the girl he has fallen for, the girl who motivated him in first place to achieve something new,has come to the Castle as well,with the same purpose as him,but only for a different employer.

This book has everything typical of a Wodehouse novel- the mistaken identities, disguises, chance romances but all of them a notch funnier than anything I have read till now.I loved this book and highly recommend it for a read.The story is very simple but you dont read PGW for the story. As Stephen Fry says  ' you do not question such sunlit perfection.You just bask in it'.
 'Something Fresh' is its US edition name
I have already completed reading a book in this month(October)..actually a reread. Was thinking for a long time to reread 'The Alchemist' and finally found time recently.Gave me a much needed mental boost and motivation.

So thats that on the books side for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson