Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Neer more

Another summer drink recipe and my last one for this year- Neer more. Neer more roughly translates to 'watered buttermilk' in English but some may also call it spiced Buttermilk.I would say,without doubt, Neer more is the King of all Summer drinks.My earliest memories of Neer more are associated with the thanneer panthals that pop up in late April during our Mariamman Kovil ther festival. 

Neer more is very easy to prepare. Churn the curd to get buttermilk.Remove the floating butter for later use on a toast or you can just discard it. Finely cut chilies,mango,ginger,coriander and curry leaves (all are a must for a best experience) and add it to the buttermilk and add in salt as per your taste. You can chill it or drink as is- but I bet you can't stop with just one glass of Neer more. Going seconds is almost a ritual in our household. We do not make tempered Neer more but you can easily do it by adding a tadka of mustard and urad dhal.
Summer afternoons and a glass of homemade Neer more - Perfect combination

I personally like Neer more that is prepared from slightly sour curd.This gives a slightly tangy flavour to Neer more and in my  opinion -is the perfect flavour to go with all the accompaniments added in the buttermilk.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy look. I have collected pots and pots of this mouth watering drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered that when I writing this post..

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson