Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Bird watching

Though I had spotted many new(i mean new to me) birds all through this Summer and clicked a quick snap too, I never had a chance to blog about them.So let me show some of the pics from my collection before this year ends.

First, the brahmini starlings. I had spotted quite a few of them this year. They were always flying together as a bunch(atleast seven in number). Here is a couple that were sat on the neighbor's water tank.


A yound Shikra sitting in the drumstick tree and this will mark my first sighting of a bird of prey in wild.

A black drango in the electrical pipeline. He is not shy,always on the lookout for worms and never gets scared of the camera.

A woodpecker that often comes to feast on the papayas growing in our neighbor's tree. So far I have spotted only a couple of them in my area.
Indian Robin.Though I have seen plenty of them around, it is very hard to photograph them. Very rarely they oblige with a non-shaky photo. This particular robin was sitting in a far away pole and thankfully did not notice me roaming around with the camera.
I might have a few more bird pictures lurking in some folders,its just a matter of finding and posting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson