Sunday, December 3, 2017

Visiting the native town pt 1

During my childhood days visiting my grandparents house for the Summer holidays had always been a regular fixture. Later on as we moved to the higher standard classes we could not visit the place often and the visiting gap slowly grew to months, a year and then many years.Very recently when I learnt my parents and my siblings were planning a trip to the native town to attend a function I felt I had to join. After-all this kind of journeying together as a family has become a once in a blue moon occasion these days and I do not want to miss one such opportunity.

We met many of our folks and relatives(whom I could not remember very well) and spent a day well chattering and pondering around. But the main highlight of the journey for me came the day after when my brother suggested we visit the vaaikaal(canal) nearby. When we were kids we had spent many a happy days and hours playing and bathing in the canal river. The canal was atleast a kilometer from my grandparents house and we used to walk the entire distance to reach the canal. Most often we would be accompanied by our grandfather and my parents will also be with us. All those memories came flushing in my mind at the mere mention of the canal and I never imagined I would have a chance again to go visit the river canal after all these years.

Later on I suspected the plan to visit the canal might get dropped so I borrowed a two wheeler from my uncle and with my sister accompanying me set out to see the canal.I did not go to the exact place where we used to jump in but knew the river is easily accessible at place called Moolavaaikal(nearby the NH) and drove to that area.I had heard the curve where the river flows at moolavaaikal is a beauty to look at but never imagined it would be this beautiful and scenic.


When we were there a couple of kids were fishing with a hook but could see they did not have any luck till then. We used to try fishing too when we were kids and sometimes we were successful too at catching some small fishes.The river still has many fishes teeming nearby the banks just like the olden days.

I was pining to get my legs drenched but we didn't as we weren't sure of the current of the river flow.Well I am happy at least I was able to see the river without any prior planning and surely hope another opportunity will arise in the future to visit the good old place and jump in.

2 comments:

  1. Thas was a memorable trip with lot of pleasant memories about it. Hoping to write about it soon. Of course, will skip the climax :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i enjoyed the trip too..will look for your post..

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.Would love to hear your comments ...

!!!

Saying nothing sometimes says the most Emily Dickinson